Sunday, July 13, 2008

Family time

I came back up to my hometown to go to the funeral home with my sister on friday. Yesterday, we went shopping and got shoes and a bookbag for Hunter. We met up with my parents at their house and had dinner together. There is nothing like your family sitting around the table and sharing a meal. Hunter entertains everybody. Once he finished he went in the other room to his toys. Conversation began and it ceases to amaze me the topics we can come up with. My brother had called to let us know that my niece had a softball game on Monday and that she would be pitching. My dad mentioned after he had hung up that he would take his "itch stick" with him. My sister gave him a puzzled look and he said his after bite. I guess it is something that you put on after you get bit and it stops the itch. Some how my sister brought up the stiptic pencils my dad uses when he cuts himself shaving. For those of you that know my dad you know how it drives us crazy that he insists to shave with a straight razor even though he has hemophilia. But it works for him thank god. Laura says "i don't know why dad swears by them I can never get them to work." Mom asks her if she wets it first. Laura's response: you're supposed to wet them? Classic Lauara response. Had us laughing for quite awhile. No matter how upset we can get with each other or disagree on issues one thing remains clear. We are family and we love each other.

2 comments:

Green Moss & Sunny said...

kimee, we just spent a week with family. I like those opportunities also. What is up with the funeral reference? I must have joined late.

sunny

kimee said...

Our friend's grandfather passed away earlier in the week and we went to calling hours.