Thursday, August 7, 2008

at long last....

I can feel my fingertips again. Doctor said surgery went well. I have the thick bandages off from around my hand and elbow. I am able to do some things with my right hand. Gingerly wrote some info down. Can't quite use it to bring a spoon or fork to my mouth. However used a knife to butter an englih muffin this morning. As long as I do not move my thumb out too far I am ok. I have a small incision covered with steri stripsin the middle of my palm towrds the wrist. My incision at my elbow is much longer than I expected. Most of my pain is from that. I just can't tell you how wonderful it feels to actually have feeling back in my fingers. Each day I get a little bit more range of motion back. I think the only problem I had was in recovery. I don't remember much but I guess upon coming to and the breathing tube being removed I had an asthma attack and they had to give me a breathing treatment. I do remember coughing and them telling me to breathe in deep from a mask. It didn't seem like I was in the recovery area very long before they were moving me to a room where my parents could come in and stay with me. I am glad I had the surgery and can't wait to get my other arm done. Thanks to all of my friends for the well wishes.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Yay! I'm glad it went well for you.

Green Moss & Sunny said...

Glad to see you are back and doing well!

sunny