Wednesday, March 18, 2009

sneak attack

And now... the end is near...and I did it my way. I feel Frank Sinatra's song is apprapo for the way I am feeling today. We knew it was inevitable. We had been anticipating this day. But once faced with it, no matter how much you are prepared, you are still surprised. There is nothing like opening up a district wide email to discover they are posting your job. Of course we are encouraged to apply once it is posted externally and our head honchos stated that they would do everything possible to find placement for us within our agency but we really should explore other options. Even though I had already took that step it is hard because not only does it effect me but the rest of my staff and my students. They are the ones that are going to suffer. I wish Canal winchester nothing but the best in trying to run these units on their own. But I can tell you there are major, major flaws in their plan. How about the fact of the number of staff they are hiring for each class. In my room alone I have 3 assistants for 7 kids. Next year there will only be 1 assistant. I have about 11 weeks left to make this the best school year for my students on record. As I said, I'll do it my way. Canal is going to regret treating us the way they have. We have become the parriah of the school. HHMMM... what are they going to do when we leave with all of our materials and we don't all jump at the chance to work for them?

No comments: