Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Life Lesson #4

Time my friends for Life Lesson #4. I know how much you all love reading them. So what is my fourth lesson of life? Quite simply: Life Lesson #4- Drive the speed limit. Yes folks. I said drive the speed limit. And I am not saying this because of a speeding ticket. Rest assured I try my hardest to obey the law. Now, my other siblings. Not always the case. But I digress. Lesson #4: Drive the speed limit. You never know who's watching you. It would seem that in a small neighborhood in Missouri, someone has decided to take the speeding issue into his own hands. Wearing his bright orange reflector vest and armed with his Hot wheels radar gun,yes I said Hot wheels radar gun, the 11 year old stands out in his yard clocking drivers as they go by. Yes, my friend, he even writes down the speeds and license plate numbers. It seems that drivers are now braking whenever they see the young man out. Lord knows they don't want him coming after them. But would it really hold up in court? A toy radar gun? I didn't even know Hot wheels made one. You can be sure that I am going to have to check this out for myself. Now the city's response to this. They will put speed bumps in if enough people ask but the neighborhood has to foot half the bill to do it. Can you believe that? A city is going to charge to make the streets of a busy neighborhood safer for kids. Now, I saw a picture of the young man in his get up. Along with his vest and radar gun, he had his bike helmet. I couldn't help but think of the South Park episode where Cops was filming there and the boys were deputized. Cartman yelling "respect my authority" while on his big wheel is the best. You never know though. This young man could become a traffic cop someday. Stranger things have happened.

No comments: